Monday, January 18, 2016

Food Review: Marion's Kitchen Thai Kits

Today's post is a quick review of a product I tried last week.  



I recently purchased a Marion's Kitchen Thai kit at my local Kroger on clearance.  I had seen them before and was curious, but would never have paid full price for it.  So yellow sticker clearance made me pretty excited.  

These kits are designed just like any other.  They come with the sauces and seasonings, you provide the protein and veggies.  In this case, you got the curry paste, coconut milk, peanuts and spices.

Chicken (or protein) is sauteed in the paste, then the milk is added, along with potatoes and onion.  As it simmers, you add the peanuts and spices.  

 

After that it's pretty easy.  Let it simmer until you get it to a thickness you want - atleast 30 minutes.  


The dish itself is served best with rice, and I added broccoli to brighten up my plate. Something I wish I had done (that the box suggested) would have been to leave the Thai chilis completely out from the spices, they got way to spicy.  

Since I live alone< I eat leftovers all week.  One thing that made me was was out thick the sauce got over the course of the week.  I would like to find a way to keep that from happening again.

Overall, I would give this kit a 4 out of 5 starts.  The box does an odd job of explaining the product unless you know the chef.  Also, the price point is a bit high, even if it is "All natural".  The meal was great, but I felt like maybe it was missing something.  But I would buy it again if I could find it on sale.

~Lisa  


1 comment:

  1. Oh this sounds good. Like you I live alone and tend to eat leftovers all week, so it is a bummer when the sauce gets too thick by weeks end. Sometimes when I cook Thai and feel like it is missing something, I will add a bit of lime juice. It tends to bring out the flavors.

    ReplyDelete