Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wednesday Recipe: Easy Breakfast Scramble

It seems like a good time to share another yummy recipe I concocted with you guys! 

As we all should know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And also that time when we are supposed to eat the most of our calories (but I bet most of us don't actually do that!). So I have been messing around with changing my breakfast meals up and came up with this super simple breakfast egg scramble that I find both delicious and easy!


Easy Breakfast Scramble


Ingredients:2 large grade A eggs (or whatever eggs you have in the cabinet).
Milk to taste (I generally just use a tablespoon)
Organic Spinach (about 1/4 - 1/2 cup)
Grated Cheddar Cheese (about 1/4 cup)
Organic Baby Tomatoes (about 4 - 5, cut in half)
Whatever other things you want to mix in. I have used ham/lunchmeat and fresh pepper before.
Cooking spray (to spray the pan, if needed)

Instructions:

Spray your pan, and add the 2 eggs plus the milk. Turn the burner onto high and watch for it to begin cooking.

Stir eggs as they cook and turn down heat if needed.

Once they start to fluff up, begin adding other ingredients (generally, it's best to wait until eggs are all but done)

After adding ingredients, continue cooking so that cheese melts and veggies get cooked/warmed a bit. 

Transfer to plate, sprinkle with extra cheese if desired, and enjoy!

Even better with a bowl of cereal and fresh fruit!

Nutritional Info:
(per serving; one serving - 1 recipe)
256  calories 
16 g fat (mostly from eggs)
302 mg sodium
8 g carbs
7 g sugar 
19 g protein

This is really one of my favorite things to make on the weekends for breakfast. It's so simple and so fast. And tastes so good. And the cleanup is easy also. I hope you have a chance to try it - let me know if you find any yummy ingredients!

~Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment