Friday, September 26, 2014

Recipe: Sweet Potato with Onion and Dill

I have another quick and healthy meal to share with you today. A friend turned me onto the idea of sweet potato with dill about a year ago and ever since I've been experimenting with it. Tonight I want to share my experiment.

Sweet Potatoes with Onion and Dill


Ingredients:

1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced/chopped
1/4-1/2 large white onion, chopped
Dill seasoning*
Small amount of olive oil 

*You can used dried or fresh. Or a mixture. I have a special blend I bought that has dill, parsley, caraway, lemon, and garlic in it.

Instructions:

Spray/sprinkle pan with olive oil. 

Add your potatoes and onion to the pan and begin to sautee

Once it starts cooking, add the seasoning and any extra oil you desire

Stir frequently. Sweet potatoes do take a while to get tender, and it's up to you how soft you want them. 

When done, serve as a side or main dish. I really like them with pork chops, or as pictured with an egg/cheese burrito. 

Nutrition:
Serving size: 1 potato and 1/2 onion

232 calories
2g fat 
80 mg sodium
49 g carbs
15 g sugar (mostly natural from potato)
6 g protein

These are so tasty, I find myself desiring them quite frequently. What do you normally do with your sweet potatoes?

~Lisa







No comments:

Post a Comment