Monday, August 13, 2012

Pasta sauce solutions

Sorry I haven't posted much, this is still a new blog to me and I am getting the bugs worked out.

Today I wanted to share something I like to do on a college student's budgets for some of my meals: Pasta!

Now, as someone who is trying to stay healthy, I like to do marinara, because it has next to nothing bad in it (if you get the right kind).  But it also usually isn't the best by itself either.  To save money, I always buy the cans of Hunts for $1 at Dillons, then doctor them up myself.


For me, doctoring up pasta sauce usually just involves a bit of Italian seasoning (mixture of basil, oregano, rosemary) but tonight I figured why not try adding garlic too? 


And while I'm at it, why not parmesan cheese? 


Take all of those, plus a pound of ground beef, and mix into the sauce over medium heat.



Serve with pasta and a veggie and you are good to go!


Pasta is one of those meals I can get away with for under $5 for a whole week's worth, so I like to do it a lot. As long as I stick with healthy sauce and wheat pasta I am not doing to bad on the diet either. What do you like to put in your pasta sauce ?

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment