Monday, August 20, 2012

Improv Chicken Parm

A few weeks ago I had a pack of chicken breasts in my freezer, as well as pasta and sauce in the cabinet. I knew I wanted to do chicken parmesan, but was sick of just grilling the chicken.  So I looked through one of my cookbooks and found a breaded chicken strip recipe.  Deciding to work from that, I created my own variation with Italian seasonings!

I started the way my recipe said, with flour. After that I added dried basil and oregano, as well as some grated mozzarella I had in my fridge. If I was going to do it again, I wouldn't add the mozzerella, but use parmesan instead. 


Next up I cracked an egg into a bowl and mixed it with a just a small amount of milk. I then dipped the chicken into this mixture, followed by the flour/cheese mixture and then into the skillet, which I had poured a bit of olive oil into (regular oil works too). 


There are a few pieces that I know I burned, but it was really hard to gauge with the breading on it. Overall, I think I did a good job. 


While those were frying, the pasta was boiling, because what is chicken parm without pasta?!?!


And the end result chicken. It actually tasted really good! Even the burned bits turns out well. 


End result? One amazing tasting meal!

~Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment